Tuesday, August 19, 2014

City of Dreams

Summer already passed and I'm back at school. I convinced my parents to road trip through Nashville so I could maybe play guitar there. I've been doing a few shows back in WI this summer and wanted to give the city of dreams a shot. Funny thing is a new friend that I recently met started talking about it and  had connections to the owners of bars downtown Nashville. The night before we left I got a phone number and gave the bar owner a call and he said he could hook me up as he had bands playing all day long. We rolled into Nashville just as the sun was setting when I was able to get this beautiful picture of the skyline. We got to our hotel just after 7, enough time to get dressed up and warm up a few songs. We made it downtown by 9 pm. The town was hoppin' for sure. Every single bar and restaurant you walked by had live music. I made it to my place of performance, The Swinging Doors Saloon. A really great duo band was playing at the time. I played during their time slot to give them a break for a bit. Let me tell you the crowd down there was great. Very upbeat, friendly crowd. I wasn't signed to a record deal that night but don't worry Nashville, I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment