Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring!

 
 My most favorite thing about spring is this! ---^ ...... I call them wild onions since they grow EVERYWHERE in the woods  and taste just like onions, but I guess they are called ramps. Either way I love these!
 Just a lawn ornament that I liked. Not a spring picture really... but I like it.


                                                                   Rain booooots!
 I like this one because of the smoothness of the water. I was first taking pictures of the water coming out of the culvert and pouring into the crick, which was pretty much freezing motion, but I wanted to try to get the "silky water effect".
 Little puffy mushrooms growing in a tree stump. I found these walking down to the river.
To the left is the dock, to the right is the trees that are usually never in water. When the water isn't high we put the kayaks in right there too.
 Not really a spring picture but this key was on the table down by the river and I thought it looked interesting.



My cousins went kayaking on Sunday which probably wasn't the best idea but I guess they had fun. They started from the boat landing next to my aunt's house and went to Wedges boat landing. The river was pretty high (as you can see in 6th picture) and the weather was stormy all around us. My aunt and I waited for them at Wedges and right as we were about to leave they finally came around the bend. Storm clouds were rolling in and we left almost as soon as we pulled them onto shore.

4 comments:

  1. love love LOVE all of these... especially the christmas ornament......oh wait. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with "Pete2012017" :) and I'm jealous of your skill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! ^ Just kidding, I'm way better at photography than you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i like the one with the flowing water the most, it shows a lot and looks really cool also.

    ReplyDelete