Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I think its story time!

 This is my bike, of course, it gets me EVERYWHERE in the summer! For this bike ride I went just a mile or two to get some pictures of the sunset. I arrived at the spot I wanted to take these pictures but I got there a little too early so I took some pictures of my bike!
 This reminds me of my grandparents and their ...puzzles, puzzles, puzzles. Everytime we go to my grandma and grandpa's, just 15 minutes out of town, my grandma always has a puzzle done. I took this picture a long time ago but I thought it would be a nice one to put up seeing that my grandpa is at the end-stage of cancer and only a few more months with us.
 This was a picture from our first photo assignment for our photography class. I remember taking the girls (karli and alexa) for a walk through the arboretum so I could get some of these pictures. It was a nice day, lots of mosquitoes though. There wasn't many flowers out still but I found some of these and thought they would fit the "nature theme"
The picture above and below are from the 2010 flood! It was the first flood that I remember. My aunt bonnie had told me before that about 20 years ago there was big flood and it flooded up to her garden down by the river. This meant the river had to be about 20 feet up cause the banks were very steep. I didn't believe her... until this day! When we got let out of school we went to her house and yep, up to the pine trees and garden. It was unbelievable. Her dock, which is normally a good 15-20 feet about the surface of the river, was floating in the water. Good thing my cousins tied it down so it wouldn't float away!



 The reason I took this picture was simply because.. Mr. M said someone took a picture of their lawn once for a photo assigment. How boring! Well the dew on the grass looked interesting so I said lets take a picture of the lawn but make it look nice! Its nothing much but it could have been done better!
 This one was from last spring. A friend and I went to Wild Cat Md. and I brought my camera along. We  decided to stay for the sunset. So the sun.. set... but there wasn't much to it. The horizon was flat and there were no clouds in the sky so not to interesting. When we were walking back to go home I was looking at the colors in the sky and noticed the silhouette of the pine trees and though it would be a good picture.. I guess it was!

1 comment:

  1. One of the best posts I've seen this year! Great thoughts on each set of pictures you reflected on.

    The bike is nice-I think we could all imagine tooling around town on that "townie" bike. Simple, yet a pleasure to look at.

    The puzzle shot is very neat as well and the story behind it better. I'm not sure how you did the sharp black vignetting (you'll have to tell me your secret).
    The lawn comments was awesome and I think you did manage to shoot a lawn and make it interesting.
    The silhouette of the pines is again, just a simple photo but strong in composition.

    Nice job BB!

    ReplyDelete