Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Very first attempt at star trails!

 
And a second attempt! Turned out much better than the one below! Now that I know how to do this, I am going to have a lot of fun with this kind of photography!
Well I have seen many pictures like this and finally decided to try it out. It, of course, did not work out on the first try but after this clouds had moved in and there were no stars to be seen. Next time I take this I now know a few things I should do different. Let see the first most obvious one, use a tripod! I had it sitting on a table since I didn't want to pull out the tripod. Next time I will try to find a building or landscape instead of just a tree if I can get away from just my backyard. I also will probably leave the moon out although it made a neat effect. The settings I used were, ISO: 100, aperature: 7.1, Shutter speed: bulb, release mode: remote and the exposure was 5 minutes. I tried another one for 15 minutes but it did not turn out at all. When I get a chance to try this again, and hopefully succeed, I be sure to replace this first-time shot with a decent picture!

2 comments:

  1. Check this lesson:

    http://www.digital-photography-school.com/an-introduction-to-shooting-stars-trails

    ReplyDelete